Monday, May 3, 2010

A “Why?!” Dialogue

"Indeed now, I who am but dust and ashes have taken it upon myself to speak to the Lord” (Gen 18:27) Dear Lord, I know that you love us so much [Job 37,38]. I know that not only you do love us, but also you are the true Wisdom, that with you also know what is best for each and every one of your beloved [Job 39]. And I do know that you are the Almighty [Job 40] that no power exists that can alter your plans. And I know that all things workout for goodness to those who love God [Rom 8:28]. But WHY?! I can not understand WHY you let her suffer?

Didn’t I tell you: “count it all joy when you fall into various trials,” (Jam 1:2)

Yes, but how come?! How can I rejoice while suffering?

As Paul taught you: “This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, We shall also live with Him” (2Ti 2:11) If you put that always in your mind, you will be able to rejoice every time, even while suffering.

I understand Lord, but I am not talking about death here.

I also taught you through Peter's epistle: “But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you” (1Pe 5:10) If you don't suffer a while, fine, but you won't enjoy my perfecting, establishing, strengthening and settling you.

mmm…but… but why to suffer for a while? Why to suffer at all? I might understand that we need to endure suffering for your name, for our faith. That I understand, but why her knees? Why has she to go through all this psychological and physical pain? Why has she to go through all this stress? Why Lord?

Because “It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the LORD. It is good for a man to bear The yoke in his youth.” (Lam 3:27)

But it is she.. well I know that man refers to spiritual manhood, or spiritual maturity. But then…

“I say to you, do not worry about your life, … nor about your body” (Mat 6:25)

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God” (Phi 4:6)

OK fine. I tell you what then, let it be me instead of her, let my knee broke and hers heal. I am taking your love as my guide and looking to your cross and put myself for her. Let it be me instead of her. Let me take the suffering, from her.

My child, You can not see the benefit of what she is going through right now, and that is because it is best for you to not see it now. Suffering is a chance to her to grow in faith. If she sees the goodness coming later, it won’t be faith anymore; “but hope that is seen is not hope” (Rom 8:24) She is of a good root, and this plowing is a chance to her to bring fruits. The clear fruit is through her patience and faith; accepting everything from the Lord’s hands, with thanksgiving, believing that everything will be alright, she will be breaching the Gospel; “ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you” (1Pe 3:15). But don't worry about her, here is my promise to her: “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all. He guards all his bones; Not one of them is broken.” (Psa 34:19,20) So, stop worrying and enjoy what God gives you, a lot or few, all the days of your life.

AMEN My Lord! “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?” (Rom 8:32)

1 comment:

  1. who is she? She is every suffering soul that we share the tears with... she is every sincere friend we wrong, we wound..

    knees?! with broken knees, no soul can stand...

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis