Thursday, February 17, 2011

I reject you my age!

It is a very beautiful profound song (you can listen to it here) from 1988 by Medhat Saleh, here is my translation of the lyrics... for some reasons, I feel its words so much these days...

I reject you my age, my time and my place
I want to live on a different planet
in another world, where wishes still exist,
where human, is still human, living for the other!

This is a volatile world! strong are its winds!
it shakes my self, destroys me!
Without timing, it takes me far away,
from the meaning of my life, from my origin and identity!
and I am helpless! and I am helpless!

There is a big dam, high and horrible, high and horrible!
between me and my soul!
between my spirit and my path!
between my present and past!
and what I hoped and built, I lost in vain!
and I am helpless! and I am helpless!

Repressed and confined dreams are in my heart,
and ruins and orphan amputated destinies!
and bended hopes fighting in me,
as if it is not yet my moment!

In midst of people and crowd,
sense and mercy went astray,
and I lost m peace!
my place became narrow for me!
LIER O' MY TIME! LIER O'MY TIME!

I reject you my age, my time and my place
I want to live on a different planet

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis