Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Autumn Colors, Fall Smell!

Pittsburgh is famous for its scenic colorful Autumn, indeed.
I went running two days ago, and I did find it a fascinating scenery, I loved Autumn's colors!

But as I got closer to the trees, in the trail, I found the fruits of the trees has felt on the ground, leaving the trees themselves fruitless! Not only that, but also they went bad and started to smell, an awful smell!

That made me wonder sadly, how come this beautiful scene is accompanied with such an awful smell! Would I then still love the fruitless smelling trees of Autumn? I was disappointed.

I recalled then the fig tree that was fruitless and disappointed our Lord Jesus Christ so it withered away immediately [Mathew 21]. I understood then why this tree disappointed God. I then started to see myself a colorful autumn's tree, that is fruitless and has an awful Fall's smell. Hypocrisy, is indeed a hard vice to cure. To care more about my colors, how I look to people, and forget about bearing proper fruits. Danger is, one discovers this fact, when it is too late to sow, water, and bear fruits! Yet, I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. Christ who is above time, and it is never too late with Him!

I would rather be a non-colorful Spring tree; with no image for people to desire, no honor, no glory, no reputation, yet fruitful!

"Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance" (Mat 3 : 8)

1 comment:

  1. cool, i like this one, no specific opinion. I just like, short , simple, true to the point.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis